Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to Texas

Yes it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been busy. Not with work. My wife gave birth to our first child, Austin Edward Billau. He's 15 days old now. That's not the reason I'm posting now.

As you may or may not have read on the right, I traveled to Houston, Texas in 2005 to help our sister station KTRK ABC 13 with their coverage of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. As you know the gulf coast, especially Texas, has been hit hard again by a very powerful hurricane, Ike. Kevin and I again will be heading south to help out down at KTRK with their coverage on The Road to Recovery. We fly out tonight and we will join fellow 13 ABC employees Jeff Smith and satellite truck operator Jason Klocko, who flew down this morning.

While we're there, I'll try to post to give another perspective of the aftermath.

-Billau

**Yes it's hard to leave my wife and new baby behind. I've got lots of pictures on the digital camera going with me. They'll be in good hands while I'm gone. All of the grandparents live in the Toledo/Southeast Michigan area and they'll take advantage of any opportunity there is to hold the baby.

No comments: