Friday, May 11, 2007

And then you can have lunch...(Billau's Version)

Ah yes, and then you can have lunch. Chris blogged about the difficulty of finding time for lunch. Some days you’re a man down because someone is sick. Other days people are OOTL to work on special projects. Some days you’re just simply understaffed. Today was one of those rare days where “and then you can have lunch” happened. In fact, lunch was the highlight of my day.

You see, that trip to Cedar Point I felt I was so lucky to get out of the day of the propane fire, well it caught up to me. After doing some interviews with Cedar Point’s media relations guy, we headed to one of my new favorite local food joints.

The New Sandusky Fish Company.

They easily have the best perch sandwich I’ve ever had. Today was my second trip to this place, and it won’t be my last. The place is no frills. They just do what they do and do it well. I can’t tell you exactly how to get there, but just go to old downtown Sandusky and head down to the water. You’ll find it. Try your sandwich with a side of fried okra. I can’t vouch for anything else they have, but if it’s anything like the perch, you’ve got nothing to worry about. No question, the highlight of my day.


The Calm Before the Storm.

Also a big thanks to Becca the Media Relations intern. She got our crew water when we needed it (see a pattern here) and answered the questions we had. Good luck back in Syracuse, Becca!

No comments: